Last updated October 18, 2021
- What is Personal Information?
- Our Collection of Personal Information
- Our Use of Personal Information
- Our Disclosure of Personal Information
- Links to Third Party Sites, Networks, Platforms, and Apps
- Age Restrictions; Children’s Privacy
- Your Choices
- Contact Us.
- English Version Controls
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional information relating to the processing of personal information (as defined below) about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for additional information that may be applicable to you:
- Nevada: If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Although we do not currently sell covered information, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below to submit such a request.
2. What is Personal Information?
3. Our Collection of Personal Information
Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our Services and sometimes, we collect personal information directly from you. At times, we may collect personal information about you from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.
Personal Information Collected from Visitors to our Services and Account Holders
We may collect personal information submitted to us by you when you visit our Services and when holding an account including the following:
- Inquiry Information, including information provided in custom messages sent through the forms or contact information provided on our Services.
- Contact, Registration and Account Information, including email address, username, profile information, phone number, account balances, payment and purchase history information, and any other information you provide to us. Please note we utilize a third-party provider to process payments on our behalf and do not accept payment directly through our Services.
- Purchasing or Consuming Information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. If you allow us access to your camera roll when opting to enable a feature that requires such access, we may obtain your saved images, such as your screenshots taken of products on our Services.
- Online Marketplace and Community-Related Information, including username, photo, location, social media profiles, company name, and areas of expertise and interests.
- Survey Information, including information provided in any questions submitted through surveys, or content of any testimonials.
- Event Information, including registration information, attendee badge information, and contact information.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party providers may also collect personal information from your device, browsing actions and site usage patterns automatically when you visit or interact with our Services, which may include log data (such as internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, the time spent on our Services and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Services), analytics data (such as the electronic path taken to our Services, through our Services and when exiting our Services, as well as usage and activity on our Services) and location data (such as general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect).
We may also automatically collect data when you shop using our Services, including data on what you purchased through affiliate links and other tracking technology. We may also collect data from other sites you visit and other apps on your device. We collect and track data on the sites you visit, ads displayed to you and purchase data. This includes, without limitation: your online purchases; your visits and interactions with Influencers (as defined below); your screenshot data; your “likes”; your visits and interaction with the “Discover”, “Wish List”, “Feed” and/or other tabs on the Apps as they may be available; how many times an ad has been served to you; what page an ad was served; and whether you interacted with the ad. We may also receive information about your visits and interaction with services on other sites you visit and other apps on your device and then associate them with your account.
We and our third-party providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, related technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect this personal information.
Personal Information Collected from Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from third parties; which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you.
We may receive the same types of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
- Your Contacts: When an individual chooses to share an invite to a friend to join our Services or share an image with a friend via email or text message, we may receive your information from that individual.
- Influencers: If you engage with individuals and entities with websites, blogs, social media presence, agents or agencies, digital publishers and other content platforms with whom we partner (“Influencers”), we may receive your information from them.
- Business Partners: We may receive your information from our business partners who provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Services.
- Social Network Sites (“SNS”): When you interact with our Services through various SNS, such as when you log in through a SNS, “likes” or clicks links provided by or through the Apps, we may receive some information about you that you permit the SNS to share with us. This information may include name, gender, date of birth, geolocation and interests. We also collect data when you interact with and use the Services through SNS, such as data on traffic, impressions, views, clicks, who you follow, what content you like or screenshot, and products you save or put on your wish list. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the SNS. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and apps and SNS and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as survey and marketing providers, may collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us.
- Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement personal information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to reconnect with an individual.
- Publicly Available Sources: We collect personal information about individuals that we do not otherwise have, such as contact information, employment-related information, and interest-in-services information, from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with the information we collect from an individual directly. We use this information to contact individuals, to send advertising or promotional materials or to personalize our Services and to better understand the demographics of the individuals with whom we interact.
4. Our Use of Personal Information
We use the information we collect to provide relevant, useful and customized Services for free. In order to do that, we may use your information in the following ways:
- Operate, maintain, and provide to you the Services, features and functionality of the Services;
- Help you quickly find information and prevent you from having to enter information more than once;
- Administer and improve the quality and design of the Services;
- Provide customized content and services, including advertising and promotional information, such as targeted ads / retargeted ads, recommend content you might like, and cross-app / cross-site functionality across third party mobile apps and websites;
- Market and promote our Services to you and others;
- Diagnose and correct problems with the Services;
- Commission processing, payments, and reports;
- Create new features, functionality, and services;
- Communicate with you, including sending you emails regarding products or services that you have liked or may like;
- Provide customer support;
- Create device fingerprints and profiles about the possible relationships among different browsers and devices;
- Creation of consumer profiles, which may combine your personal information from one rewardStyle service with personal information and other data from other rewardStyle services or rewardStyle partners;
- Perform research and analysis on your use of the Services;
- Manage your account;
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Request individuals to complete surveys about our organization, organizations we partner with, and the Services;
- Protect the safety, security and integrity of the Services, as well as the property, rights and personal safety of rewardStyle, our users or others;
- Enforce the End User License Agreement and Terms of Service, this Policy and any other agreements you have entered into with rewardStyle;
- Defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity; and
- Comply with legal obligations.
5. Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by rewardStyle, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as rewardStyle, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns, particularly when we collaborate in providing the Services.
- Brand Business Partners, Influencers and API Developers. We may provide information about you to third-party retailers, advertisers and other businesses (“Partners”), Influencers, and Application Programming Interface (“API”) Developers. We share anonymized geo-location data, purchased item and amount of sale with Partners and Influencers. We may combine information internally across different Services so that we may provide better and more customized services. We contract with companies who help with parts of our operations and/or to enhance our Services.
- Survey Providers. We share personal information with third parties who assist us in delivering our survey offerings and processing the responses.
- Marketing Providers. We coordinate and share personal information with our marketing providers in order to communicate with individuals about the Services we make available.
- Customer Service and Communication Providers. We share personal information with third parties who assist us in providing our customer services and facilitating our communications with individuals that submit inquiries.
- Other Service Providers. In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, payment processing services and administrative services.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization. We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights. We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement: (i) in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; (ii) to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process; (iii) to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies; (iv) to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud; (v) to protect the health and safety of us and others; or (vi) as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Otherwise With Consent or Direction. We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post their testimonial on our Services or service-related publications.
To facilitate our global operations rewardStyle may transfer, store, and process your information within our family of companies, partners, and service providers based in countries outside of where you reside. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. When we do, transfer your personal information, we transfer to countries recognised as offering an equivalent level or protection or other legal mechanisms, including contracts and standard contractual clauses, so that your rights and protections travel with your data.
6. Links to Third Party Sites, Networks, Platforms, and Apps
The Services may contain links to third party sites, networks – including SNS like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or others, platforms or apps (“Linked Technologies”), including retailers and advertisers. However, please be aware that rewardStyle is not responsible for and cannot control the terms of service or privacy policies of such other Linked Technologies. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Services, and to read the applicable agreements and privacy policies for each and every Linked Technologies. rewardStyle is not responsible for and makes no representations or warranties regarding Linked Technologies, including without limitation, the content, accuracy, opinions, functionality, or services provided in such Linked Technologies. Inclusion of any Linked Technologies on the Services does not imply approval or endorsement by rewardStyle. If you decide to access any Linked Technologies, then you do so at your own risk.
7. Age Restrictions; Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or older under the applicable age of majority of the jurisdiction of residence (“Child”). If you are a Child, you should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a Child has provided personal information to us, we encourage the Child’s parent or guardian to contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If rewardStyle obtains actual knowledge that it has obtained personal information about a Child, that information will be promptly deleted from our records.
8. Your Choices
Opting Out for Location Data: You may opt out of country-level location data by using the location services controls in your mobile device’s settings. Please note that this does not impact geolocation inferences, which may be possible through IP address information.
Opting Out of Push / Local Notifications: We may send push or local notifications to your device to provide updates and relevant messages. You may be able to manage notifications from the Services or through your device.
Unsubscribing from Emails: You may opt out at any time by using the Opt-Out or Unsubscribe option at the bottom of most of our email communications, or by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Account: You may also choose to close your account at any time. If you are unable to close your account through our App or selected Service, please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below with any questions.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Attn: Privacy Department
3102 Oak Lawn Avenue
Dallas, TX 75219
11. English Version Controls
Unless prohibited by local laws, if non-English translations of this notice are available, they are provided for convenience only and in the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.